Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Fun With Felt: DIY Felt Wall!

Our DIY felt wall:
 


So ever since I saw the idea of a felt board on Pinterest I knew I would have to try it out! But instead of actually making a felt board, I decided to be lazy and just hang the felt directly onto the wall with painters tape. We have the perfect half wall in our split level house to do it on and this way I didn't have to make any holes! I will admit that I first tried to tape both the sky and ground up without sewing them together, which lasted a little while but then I had a little area right in the middle of the scene that things wouldn't stick to very well. So I eventually did sew the light blue and green panels together. When we want to make the ocean or the backing for the map I just stick the blue over our base sky and land and painters tape the sides and it works fine.

I have had the felt wall for probably five months now and I just add little pieces here and there as I I have time. Some pieces I have sewn together, some I have just hot glued. I think the scuba diver is my favorite (I found the template on Pinterest here) and the little piggies are Kylie's favorite!.

There is still so much I want to do: more farm animals, more foods, a big bad wolf, a garden, more things to show the changing seasons. It really could be a never ending addiction for me. I also have many more ideas for the world map (although I still need to add Antarctica) that include more than just felt! My inspiration from that project is coming from here and here. But since Kylie is still a little young for some aspects of it, I will probably hold off until this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment