Wednesday, November 26, 2014

5 More Work Days

It is getting closer and closer to my last day of work and although I have been longing for this day for many months, there are still some things that scare me a bit. One of my biggest concerns is that getting done work now is going to have a negative affect when I eventually want to re-enter the workforce. Fortunately, I take some solace in the fact that I am leaving a job that I never saw myself in long-term anyway. I also worry about how we will adjust to life on one income. In some ways, I think that having less money will help reduce the unnecessary amounts of stuff we seem to accrue, but I know that being tight on money will create stress, especially for my husband, and the idea of him stressed out really worries me. Plus, I have been daydreaming in my mind about how marvelous being a stay at home mom will be, but I know that there is no one ideal form of motherhood, and it will come with its own challenges.

some things I will miss: savoring a hot cup of tea or coffee without interruption, having conversations with adults, being able to financially provide for my family
some things I will enjoy: not having to try to get all the chores done on the weekends, actually having time to visit family and friends, baby girl not getting sick quite so often, and most importantly, not being away from my baby for eight and a half hours at a time day after day

I have actually been very lucky to have had such a flexible employer. I have had A LOT of time off (Holidays, Snow days, Sick days, Vacation) this past year but man those weeks when I did have to work 40 hours were incredibly brutal. I don't even want to be completely honest about how hard it is because I don't want to discourage any other moms or make anyone feel bad if their routine is working for them. So I will just say I am so completely beyond thankful that I have this opportunity! Even with the concerns I am currently harboring about how we will balance our new life, I know without a doubt this is the right choice for me, AND I am going to be floating on air on my way home from work next Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment