Friday, August 29, 2014

Message To Baby Girl On Her First Birthday



You are turning one year old my little love! It feels like just yesterday that I was looking at a positive pregnancy test. My stomach was fluttering with the rush of excitement of the unknown. But I had no second thoughts at all, I knew I wanted to be a mother like I knew how to breathe, it was automatic- inevitable in my mind.  I thank God every day for allowing me this gift. You are everything I imagined and more. I keep retracing the steps in my mind of how we have gotten to where we are now. Last year at this time the air was full of anticipation for your arrival. Would you come early, would you come late, when would you make your appearance? And even though I am sentimental that our first year together went by so fast, I can’t even stay sad because of how happy and proud I am of the little girl you have become. You have grown into such a smart, sweet, fun, determined and completely adorable baby girl. You put the sunshine in every one of my days and bring me immense joy. Sometimes it is terrifying how much I love you. There is nothing better than when I get kisses from you, or when you wrap those little arms around my neck, give me a big hug and squeeze. You are my angel. Your  whole family loves you so much, and we all fight for your attention, but I am the luckiest of all because I get to be your mom.  There is nothing that makes me happier! Love you to the moon and back a thousand times, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment