Tuesday, February 4, 2014

We have made the transition to cloth diapering!

We are still navigating these very uncharted waters. But so far so good. At this point I really like how the sized diapers fit. Baby girl is almost 6 months old and she is still only around 13lbs. So, the one-size diapers are pretty bulky on her. But I'm torn because if I by too many sized diapers it negates the cost benefits of choosing cloth. I think finding the right balance is going to be the biggest challenge for us.

Here are the diapers we have so far rated from worst fit to best fit:
  • Fuzzibunz, One size elite, Pocket diaper- Way too big as of now, and no snaps to customize rise UPDATE: this just shows how much of a novice I am. Fuzzibunz does not have snaps, but the elastic around the legs is adjustable. This is an interesting theory, not sure if I have a preference between this or rise snaps as of yet, except that I did make the mistake of unbuttoning both ends and had to fish the elastic out with tweezers! Mommy brain really got me that time. The diaper is still quite big, probably the bulkiest, but it is soft and I think I will like it when baby girl gets a bit older.

  • Blueberry, One size, Pocket diaper- Going to be bulky for a while, but it does have snaps to adjust the rise, which helps.

  • Tots Bots, Easy fit One sice, All in One diaper- Pretty good, has snaps to adjust the rise    

  • Grovia, One size, Pocket diaper- also has snaps to adjust the rise, still a little big for her but less bulky than the Blueberry
  • Thirsties, Size small, All in One diaper but can be stuffed with extra pocket, very good but only rated for up to 18lbs

  • Bottombumpers, Size small, All in One diaper, Side Snapping-Fits very, very good, but is only rated for up to 18lbs




The thirsties diaper comes in two sizes and the bottombumpers comes in three but I am skeptical baby girl will ever fit into the largest size before she is potty trained. I do really like the way the bottombumpers fits, its very snug and trim. I will definitely get the next size up but I'm not sure if I'm going to get anymore of the size small. I think instead, the very next purchase I will make is more of the thirsties small. I really like this diaper and it is only $16 where all the others were $20-$23. Plus, I can get them at a local store and not wait for them to come in the mail. The only bummer is the prints they have just aren't as cute as some of the others.

I'm still waiting for the Alva Baby cloth diapers and the size medium Blueberry to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment