Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Ages and Stages: 30 Months

TWO AND A HALF!!!

Two and a half! I cannot wrap my head around that one. It was like I only conceptualized you in my mind as reaching two, and now you are half way through your third year already. This will likely be my last monthly update, but hey I did pretty good I would have to say!

This month you have been loving pretending you are Snow White, and I am dopey and acting out the scene where you are sleeping on the beds and we wake up. You also will get your broom and sing "whistle while you work". Within the last week you have started to pretend to be Sophia the First, and we even made you a special amulet you will wear haha. The other night you made me read that book four times in a row! And you don't usually do that. You have also been enjoying "building things" with our little blocks, castle block set, and the larger cardboard box "bricks" we have. We have also been doing more painting for the last few months, with water colors and the coloring books. But I think your favorite art activity is when we get out a big piece of freezer paper and you tell me what to draw and then you color it in. Alvin, Simon, Theodore and Frankenstein is a popular request but we have also done the Peanuts crew and characters from Peter Pan.

You still say funny things daily. Plus you can say normal things and it is hilarious, mostly because they just seem to adult for a two year old! The other day you told me, "But, that's not true". And then we were trying to get you to do something and you were saying "NO." and then you looked up and said "My answer is no." BAHAHAHA. You then explained, "ya that's what Elsa says" which is exactly what she says in a book we have. So funny. I don't remember if I wrote this last month or not but a while ago you told me to just "let him be" about one of your stuffed animals you were putting to bed.

You enjoy playing with little kids in general but sometimes are concerned about kids you don't know, especially boys. The other day we were at Playland Adventures and a 5 year old boy got on the bounce house you were on and you kept saying to him "No, don't get me!". And when we went to a new playgroup last week you had a bit of trouble sharing with the other kids (although that isn't very surprising given you age). I would like to keep going to give you more opportunity to play with kids your own age. You really don't like going to Library time anymore for some reason so we have pretty much given that up. You still love gymnastics though!

No comments:

Post a Comment