Thursday, February 5, 2015

DIY Magnet Projects

So I just thought I would share some DIY magnet projects I have done for my daughter. These ones were really simple to do and yet they get played with pretty much daily, win/win if I do say so myself!

1. Food photo magnets. 
I just tracked down some images of various foods via google, pasted them into a word document, added text and printed on two sheets of magnet paper that you can buy at the store. I still have the word document I made kicking around so if you are interested, feel free to email me, mommysturg@gmail.com, I'd love to share! I did mostly fruits and veggies because they were colorful and fun. I also think it is nice to get pictures with white backgrounds. As you may be able to see from the pictures, some of ours have gotten a bit crumpled over time, but that just means they are well used, ha!



2. Baby food jar lid magnets. 
Any type of jar lid would work!  But if you have a baby, chances are you might have a least a few empty baby food jars hanging around. I had a roll of magnet "tape" that I just cut up into squares and hot glued onto the back. You could put in whatever you like for pictures. I have a few pics of baby girl when she was a newborn and pictures of each of her grandparents. I also made the letters of her name by sticking letter stickers onto scrapbook paper. I would have loved to do the whole alphabet but I ran out of lids!





No comments:

Post a Comment