Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Ages and Stages: 18 months

I can't believe you are half way through your second year of life already! I remember how far away eighteen months seemed at the beginning when I was still counting your age in weeks, and now here we are! You still say many many words, I would really guess over 200, you pretty much know all basic vocabulary. Yesterday we were listening to music and you looked at me and said, "whoa, trumpet", when a trumpet started playing in the middle of the song. I mean seriously!!! That little brain of yours! Now a days you have been entertaining us with some intense jibber-jabber as well. You just love to try and speak in sentences! Sometimes you can get out a slightly slurred "That's a bunny", "Where's daddy", and other phrases. There are also phrases you can get out almost perfectly, just recently you have learned to say "Hi, how are you" when you pretend to answer the phone. But a lot of the time, your sentences contain a mix of jibber-jabber and real words. Ex: "jiiberrerer cheerios, jibbeer eeeesh eeesh Elmo, Burt, Ernie", etc.

You love to sing songs and know some like "Twinkle Twinkle" and "Baa Baa Black Sheep" completely by yourself. You will start singing parts of songs randomly out of the blue, which is so cute to me! You have also started using names of titles of books, like "All the World", "Hop on Pop", "Llama, Llama, Red Pajama" and "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" to name a few. Plus, you will try to read some of the simple rhyming ones with me (same examples as above actually).

You know all of your basic shapes now: circle, oval, rectangle, triangle, diamond, star, heart (if those last too really count I'm not sure ha). You now know the color brown and grey as well as the others you have known for a while. You can do you chunky puzzles all by yourself, which I think is awesome :). And you have started to stack blocks by yourself, the other day you got a stack of 8 blocks all by yourself! You still LOVE to put caps on bottles and covers on containers. I'm hoping I wrote that down before since you have loved to do that for quite a few months at least. Oh and I almost forgot, you can say the ENTIRE abc's and count to ten!! Sometimes you will go even further saying "eleven, twelve, fourteen, nineteen, twenty!". There are I'm sure lots of other things I am forgetting to mention but I hope I am getting them on video!

Your hair is getting longer and you don't look very babyish anymore. You've lost most of the fat on your body (not that you had much anyway), and I can feel your little muscles in your arms and legs. You are really looking like a toddler now-a-days! The only thing that keeps you looking babyish is the fact that you are still quite petite, but you are definitely growing and look so big to mommy, daddy and the rest of our family! You are still breastfeeding and feed quite regularly (unless we are out of the house doing something fun), but I have noticed that your feedings are getting significantly shorter. It is almost as though you want to make sure they are there but then you realize you would rather be playing or exploring.

Here's to hoping the next six months go by a little slower ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment