Monday, January 5, 2015

My Favorite Baby Books

So, I am a major children's book fiend. I love them, and thankfully baby girl does too, so we read about a dozen a day. This is a list of MY absolute favorites; the ones I love because they are either extremely fun to read, have beautiful illustrations, or the overall message just tugs at my heart the right way. Luckily, baby girl likes most of my favorites too, it was only the Nancy Tilman books that she didn't really care for until recently. There are two other books that would have made the list if I owned them: Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes (Fox/Oxenbury) and Mama's Day (Ashman/Ormerod). I have borrowed both of these books from the library, fell in love with them, and will secure my own copies just as soon as I can justify making any more book purchases ;).

So without further ado:

Everywhere Babies, All the World, On the Night You Were Born, and Wherever You Are, My Love Will Find You, are my top favorites. Their messages are so simple and yet so powerful, they are beautifully illustrated, and my absolute favorite books always have rhyming text (that's just how I roll). The Margart Wise Brown books are my next favorites, they are always a hit with my baby girl and I really enjoy them as well. Of course everyone knows Goodnight Moon but it is the Big Red Barn, and all of the farm animals that live there, that I like best. Sleep Little Angel is a story of seasons and The Moon Shines Down is about different countries around the world. Brown's stories always have a certain charm to them, but it is the pictures in these books that really make them stand out to me. Time for Bed is my favorite book about going to bed; it is a very sweet poem with lovely illustrations. Llama Llama Red Pajama is just too much fun to read not to include it on my list and lastly, Margaret Miller's I Love Colors is so simple and yet so perfect. It not only is it the perfect book for teaching colors but it has some of the most adorable baby pictures I've seen in these kinds of books. I love how the photo's are cropped in really close to the face, I just think it makes the book very visually appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment