Friday, January 2, 2015

Ages and stages: 16 months

Hi babe, it's January 2nd and you are about half through your sixteenth month of life. But you have just been doing so much lately I felt I needed to record some of it! First of all you are saying SO MANY words. I think you say more words than you don't say at this point. Really you know so many animals, and foods, and basic vocabulary words it's crazy. Plus, you have learned your COLORS! Well, just the basic colors: red, blue, orange, yellow, green, and purple. Once in a while you mix up yellow and orange or blue and purple, but really, how amazing for how young you are! I was not expecting this until after two! You have also been stringing two words together more often. You have done "nigh night baby" for a while now but you have been saying things like "daddy's shoes", and other things that of course I can't think of now (one of the reasons why I wanted to get this written down asap, so I wouldn't forget and then go back and wonder when it started). Anyway, it's really cute and pretty amazing to watch you learn and get to see more what's going inside that little brain of yours.

Oh and you have been all about climbing lately! The fist time you climbed on a chair by yourself was over Christmas at grammies house (I think it was Christmas Eve to be exact). You had gotten up on the chair that was sitting by the step into the addition. A few days later when we were back home, while I was scooping out the squash, I looked over and you were standing up in the new stroller you got for you babies! Then you learned how to get up into our dining chairs. Daddy just ordered you a little climbing tower/slide activity center thing and it is supposed to arrive today so that will be fun! And hopefully satisfy some of your climbing urges. Fingers crossed!

We do all have colds right now, so that has been slightly frustrating. It has meant for a few sleeping challenges (taking long naps=great, going to bed late=not so great), eating less solids, and nursing more. But we will get through, and if some extra Sesame Street is my greatest fault as a parent, I can deal with that for a few days until we all feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment