Saturday, March 22, 2014

Words of Wisdom: Breastfeeding

Go to a breastfeeding support group while you are pregnant. I didn't think of this, but especially since I didn't know many people who breastfed, it would have been so beneficial. I know this might not be possible for some, but if you can I highly recommend it. Actually, it will probably be easier to get to a session during the last month or so of your pregnancy than the first few weeks with a newborn.  And don't feel weird because you don't have a baby yet, new moms LOVE to share their stories and any tips they have picked up on the way. I know when I finally got to a session, baby girl was about a month old, and I was so relieved to hear that others had gone through the same problems and had some of the same concerns. Even though 'they' say that pain is not normal, it is fairly common, and knowing you aren't alone takes a lot of the pressure off. Plus, it is almost guaranteed that there will be some breastfeeding going on at a breastfeeding support group. So, if you haven't seen breastfeeding in action much before, it might help build your confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment