Saturday, May 30, 2015

Weaning II

I foresee many of posts on this subject as I know it is going to be a major transition for both baby girl and me. Last night didn't go very well and I caved. In my head I am worried about how giving in will just enable her more, but I am not cut out for "cry it out" or anything resembling it. I'm just too soft! It's literally torture for me listening to her cry, especially when I know it's my fault and I can fix it. But then where does that leave me? I would like to believe that there will be a time when she will be ready to give up nursing, but what if it's not until she is much older? I don't think I could go much past the age of two. Even if I felt okay with it, I know the pressure to wean would be too much for me then. I would love to believe she would stop nursing on her own if I got pregnant like many toddlers do apparently. But what if she doesn't? I don't think I would want to go through something like last night while pregnant.

So for now, since not nursing all day was a pretty easy adjustment I am going to continue that and then try giving up the night feed again in a week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment