Friday, June 13, 2014

Sharing an Article

Are You Lonely Mama?

This article showed up in my newsfeed on facebook the other day and, honestly, I don't think it could have came at a more appropriate time. It was therapeutic somehow.

I definitely have felt lonely on occasion these past ten months as a new mom. This line, especially, really rang true for me: "Sometimes I just want to have a long conversation with someone other than my husband. Someone with female anatomy. Someone in the same life stage as me. Someone that gets me."

I don't really feel frustrated about it, because I do cherish this time and I already feel it is going by fast enough. Mostly I struggle with the guilt I feel for not being a good friend. So reading this article helped me feel like I am making the right choices, at least.


No comments:

Post a Comment